Blog Journal 1
1) I believe teachers and students are influenced to use technology in the due to the widespread use of technology in today's society. Methods of teaching have shifted from being solely on paper, chalkboards, and other physical aspects, to being on the computer. Technology allows people to store large amounts of data and work all in one place. Instead of buying notebooks, I can store all notes on my computer. I think students are influenced because we are now growing up with technology and are more familiar with it. I think teachers are influenced because as time changes, the ways students are taught becomes more and more advanced.
2) One of the ISTE standards that is meaningful to me is the "Digital Citizen". I feel I am pretty educated in how the internet works. Knowing the rights and responsibilities of existing in an online world is very important to our society today. We are connected with many different places and people. It's important to be safe on the internet, and I feel that I do a good job with this -- for example, not sharing passwords. The ISTE standard that seems outside of my skill set is the "Innovative Designer" because I feel I am not a very creative person. Solving problems by using imaginative solutions doesn't seem impossible, but its definitely not in my skill set right now.
3) I agree with the label "digital native" for todays youth, as technology is something that millennials have grown up with. There is definitely a difference in how "digital natives" and "digital immigrants" use technology. My teachers are good with computers, but I feel I have the step-up. My parents always need help when it comes to technology. This has impacted my learning experience in a positive way still, because using technology is a positive thing for a learning environment. In the future, technology will definitely continue to advance. I think technology will be the center of the classroom in the future.
2) One of the ISTE standards that is meaningful to me is the "Digital Citizen". I feel I am pretty educated in how the internet works. Knowing the rights and responsibilities of existing in an online world is very important to our society today. We are connected with many different places and people. It's important to be safe on the internet, and I feel that I do a good job with this -- for example, not sharing passwords. The ISTE standard that seems outside of my skill set is the "Innovative Designer" because I feel I am not a very creative person. Solving problems by using imaginative solutions doesn't seem impossible, but its definitely not in my skill set right now.
3) I agree with the label "digital native" for todays youth, as technology is something that millennials have grown up with. There is definitely a difference in how "digital natives" and "digital immigrants" use technology. My teachers are good with computers, but I feel I have the step-up. My parents always need help when it comes to technology. This has impacted my learning experience in a positive way still, because using technology is a positive thing for a learning environment. In the future, technology will definitely continue to advance. I think technology will be the center of the classroom in the future.
Being creative is definitely not an easy thing to do. It does not necessarily mean that you have to be super imaginative or come up with brand new ideas. Instead, it emphasizes on generating your original ideas and it can be facilitated by technology.
ReplyDelete